St John the Baptist Church would value your support.
It takes a considerable amount of money to run and maintain our beautiful church.
Contrary to what many people might believe, we do not receive any financial support from The Church of England.
Quite the reverse, in fact, as around £54,000 has to be found to keep the church in a good state of repair and pay the utilities and day to day running costs.
Throughout the year, those who worship at St John the Baptist, and those who already support us, work to raise money by organising a wide range of events suct as concerts, quiz nights and the ever popular annual fete.
As you know all of the activities mentioned above came to a grinding halt on 23rd March when the COVID-19 crisis struck. We have reduced the expenditure as much as possible but the church is still in need of your help.
If you can help your church there are a number of options:
- Direct Debit – via the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS). If you are a taxpayer, your gift will be topped up by 25%. You can contact PGS directly by telephone on 0333 002 1271. Lines are open Monday-Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm. You will need your bank details ready as well as this reference information: Church name: St John the Baptist Church, Parish Giving Scheme parish code: 290629038
- Donate using the Give a Little button or by scanning the QR reader code below with your phone. This is a church endorsed scheme that is administered via the Parish Buying Scheme.
- A one-off donation large or small will help pay towards our utility bills.
- A regular monthly donation of £10 or £20 would help enormously.
- With a bequest in favour of the church by remembering us in your will.